The Apple iPhone 4 was released in June 2010 and was a major redesign of the iPhone line. It was the first iPhone to feature a stainless steel band around the edge of the device, which gave it a more premium look and feel. It also had a new high-resolution Retina display, which was four times sharper than the previous iPhone display.
The iPhone 4 was a significant departure from the design of previous iPhones. It was thinner, lighter, and had a more premium look and feel. The front and back of the device were made of glass, which was sandblasted to give it a matte finish. The sides of the device were made of stainless steel, which gave it a sturdy and durable feel.
The iPhone 4 was the first iPhone to feature a Retina display. The Retina display had a resolution of 960×640 pixels, which was four times sharper than the previous iPhone display. This made text and images look incredibly sharp and clear. The Retina display was also very bright and colorful, making it easy to see in all lighting conditions.
The iPhone 4 had a 5-megapixel rear camera with an LED flash. This was a significant improvement over the 3-megapixel camera on the previous iPhone. The iPhone 4 camera could take sharp and detailed photos, even in low light conditions. It could also record HD video at 720p resolution.
The iPhone 4 was powered by a 1GHz A4 processor. This was the first dual-core processor used in an iPhone. The A4 processor made the iPhone 4 very fast and responsive. It could easily handle multitasking, gaming, and other demanding tasks.
The iPhone 4 shipped with iOS 4, which was the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system. iOS 4 introduced a number of new features, including multitasking, folders, and iMovie. It also had a redesigned interface that was more user-friendly and efficient.
The iPhone 4 had a 1420mAh battery. This was a significant improvement over the 1219mAh battery on the previous iPhone. The iPhone 4 battery life was very good, and it could easily last a full day on a single charge.
The iPhone 4 was a major leap forward for the iPhone line. It had a new design, a high-resolution display, a powerful processor, and a great camera. It also shipped with iOS 4, which was the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system. The iPhone 4 was a huge success, and it helped to solidify Apple’s position as the leader in the smartphone market.
- New design with stainless steel band
- High-resolution Retina display
- Powerful A4 processor
- Great 5-megapixel camera with LED flash
- iOS 4 with multitasking, folders, and iMovie
- Antenna issues (which were fixed with a software update)
- No expandable storage
- Relatively high price
The iPhone 4 was a landmark smartphone that helped to set the standard for all smartphones to follow. It had a sleek design, a high-resolution display, a powerful processor, and a great camera. It also shipped with the latest version of iOS, which was the most advanced mobile operating system at the time. The iPhone 4 was a huge success, and it helped to make Apple the leading smartphone company in the world.
- Technology: GSM / HSPA
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- Speed: HSPA 7.2/5.76 Mbps
- Dimensions: 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 137 g
- Build: Glass front and back with a stainless steel frame
- SIM: Micro-SIM
- Scratch-resistant glass back panel
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 3.5 inches
- Resolution: 640 x 960 pixels
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass, oleophobic coating
- OS: iOS 4 (upgradable to iOS 7.1.2)
- Chipset: Apple A4 (45 nm)
- CPU: 1.0 GHz Cortex-A8
- GPU: PowerVR SGX535
- Card Slot: No
- Internal Storage: 8GB/16GB/32GB with 512MB RAM
- Single Camera: 5 MP, f/2.8, with AF
- Features: LED flash, HDR
- Video: 720p@30fps
- Single Camera: VGA, for video calling over Wi-Fi only
- Video: 480p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 2.1, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- Radio: No
- USB: 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Browser: HTML5 (Safari)
- Type: Li-Po 1420 mAh, non-removable
- Stand-by: Up to 300 hours (3G)
- Talk time: Up to 7 hours (3G)
- Colors: Black, White
- Models: A1349, A1332, iPhone 3,1
- SAR (Specific Absorption Rate):
- Head: 1.17 W/kg
- Body: 1.11 W/kg
- SAR EU:
- Head: 0.93 W/kg
- Body: 0.74 W/kg
- Display Contrast Ratio: 1242:1 (nominal) / 2.016:1 (sunlight)
- Camera: Photo/Video quality
- Loudspeaker: Voice 65dB / Noise 60dB / Ring 66dB
- Audio quality: Noise -90.1dB / Crosstalk -89.6dB