The iPhone 5 was released in September 2012, and was a major redesign of the iPhone line. It was the first iPhone to feature a taller 4-inch display, and it was also the first iPhone to support 4G LTE networks. The iPhone 5 was also significantly thinner and lighter than previous iPhone models, and it introduced a new Lightning connector that replaced the 30-pin connector used by previous iPhones.
The iPhone 5 has a sleek and minimalist design that is still considered to be attractive today. It features a flat aluminum back and a glass front. The phone is very thin and light, making it easy to hold and use in one hand.
The iPhone 5 has a 4-inch Retina display with a resolution of 1136×640 pixels. The display is sharp and vibrant, and it is great for watching videos, playing games, and browsing the web.
The iPhone 5 is powered by the Apple A6 chip, which is a dual-core processor with a clock speed of 1.3 GHz. The phone also has 1GB of RAM. The iPhone 5 is very fast and responsive, and it can handle even the most demanding apps and games with ease.
The iPhone 5 has an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera. The rear camera takes excellent photos and videos in good lighting conditions. However, the camera can struggle in low light conditions.
The iPhone 5 has a battery life of up to 8 hours of talk time and up to 10 hours of video playback. This is about average for a smartphone.
The iPhone 5 is a great smartphone with a sleek design, a sharp display, and fast performance. The camera is good, but it can struggle in low light conditions. The battery life is also average. Overall, the iPhone 5 is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality smartphone.
- Sleek and minimalist design
- Sharp and vibrant display
- Fast and responsive performance
- Good camera quality in good lighting conditions
- Camera can struggle in low light conditions
- Average battery life
The iPhone 5 is a great smartphone with a lot to offer. It has a sleek design, a sharp display, and fast performance. The camera is good, but it can struggle in low light conditions. The battery life is also average. Overall, the iPhone 5 is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality smartphone.
- Technology: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (GSM A1428)
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 (GSM A1428)
- 4G Bands: LTE 700 / 850 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 (GSM A1428)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat3 100/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
- Announced: September 12, 2012
- Released: September 21, 2012
- Status: Discontinued
- Dimensions: 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 112 g
- Build: Glass front (Corning-made glass), aluminum back, aluminum frame
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Display Type: IPS LCD
- Display Size: 4.0 inches
- Display Resolution: 640 x 1136 pixels, 16:9 ratio
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass, oleophobic coating
- Operating System: iOS 6 (upgradable to iOS 10.3.4)
- Chipset: Apple A6 (32 nm)
- CPU: Dual-core 1.3 GHz Swift (ARM v7-based)
- GPU: PowerVR SGX 543MP3 (triple-core graphics)
- Card Slot: No
- Internal Storage: 16GB/32GB/64GB, with 1GB RAM
- Single Camera: 8 MP, f/2.4, 33mm (standard), AF
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Single Camera: 1.2 MP, f/2.4, 35mm (standard)
- Features: Face detection, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
- Video: 720p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Audio quality: 16-bit/44.1kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.0, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Radio: No
- USB: Lightning, USB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Type: Li-Po 1440 mAh, non-removable
- Stand-by: Up to 225 h (3G)
- Talk time: Up to 8 h (3G)
- Colors: Black/Slate, White/Silver
- Models: A1428, A1429, A1442, iPhone5,1, iPhone5,2
- SAR (Specific Absorption Rate): 1.18 W/kg (head), 1.18 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU: 0.95 W/kg (head), 0.90 W/kg (body)
- Performance: Basemark X: 2229
- Display Contrast Ratio: 1320:1 (nominal) / 3.997:1 (sunlight)
- Camera: Photo / Video
- Loudspeaker: Voice 66dB / Noise 66dB / Ring 67dB
- Audio quality: Noise -91.3dB / Crosstalk -76.5dB
- Battery life: Endurance rating 51h