The iPhone 7 was released in September 2016, and it is the seventh generation of the iPhone smartphone.
The iPhone 7 is very similar in design to the iPhone 6s, with only a few minor changes. The most notable change is the removal of the headphone jack. Apple argued that this was necessary to make the phone thinner and more water-resistant. The iPhone 7 is also available in two new colors: Jet Black and Matte Black.
The iPhone 7 has a 4.7-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 750×1334 pixels. The display is bright and colorful, and it has good viewing angles. However, it is not as high-resolution as some of the displays on competing Android smartphones.
The iPhone 7 is powered by the A10 Fusion chip, which is one of the fastest mobile processors on the market. The phone is very responsive and can handle even the most demanding tasks with ease.
The iPhone 7 has a 12-megapixel rear-facing camera with optical image stabilization. The camera takes great photos in both good and low light conditions. The phone also has a 7-megapixel front-facing camera for taking selfies.
The iPhone 7 has a 1960mAh battery. The battery life is good, but it is not as good as the battery life on some of the larger Android smartphones.
The iPhone 7 is a great smartphone with a fast processor, a good camera, and a long-lasting battery. However, it is important to note that the phone is now over six years old, and it is starting to show its age. The display is not as high-resolution as the displays on some of the newer iPhones, and the phone does not have some of the features that are found on newer iPhones, such as Face ID and wireless charging.
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – A1660, A1778
- CDMA 800 / 1900 / 2100 – A1660
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – A1660, A1778
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO & TD-SCDMA – A1660
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41 – A1660, A1778
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat9 450/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
- Announced: September 7, 2016
- Released: September 16, 2016
- Status: Discontinued
- Dimensions: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm
- Weight: 138 g
- Build: Glass front (Corning-made glass), aluminum back, aluminum frame
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 min)
- Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
- Type: Retina IPS LCD, 625 nits (typ)
- Size: 4.7 inches
- Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels, 16:9 ratio
- Protection: Ion-strengthened glass
- 3D Touch display & home button
- OS: iOS 10.0.1, upgradable to iOS 15.7
- Chipset: Apple A10 Fusion (16 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 2.34 GHz (2x Hurricane + 2x Zephyr)
- GPU: PowerVR Series7XT Plus (six-core graphics)
- Card Slot: No
- Internal Storage: 32GB 2GB RAM, 128GB 2GB RAM, 256GB 2GB RAM
- Internal Storage Type: NVMe
- Single: 12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/3″, PDAF, OIS
- Features: Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps
- Single: 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm (standard)
- Features: Face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: Lightning, USB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Type: Li-Ion 1960 mAh, non-removable (7.45 Wh)
- Talk time: Up to 14 h (3G)
- Colors: Jet Black, Black, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold, Red
- Models: A1660, A1778, A1779, A1780, A1853, A1866, iPhone9,1, iPhone9,3
- A1660 – This version is for the USA and China.
- A1778 – This version is the global version.
- A1780 – This version is specifically for China.
- A1779 – This version is for Japan.
- A1853 – This is another model variant of the iPhone.
- A1866 – This is also another model variant of the iPhone.
- SAR (Specific Absorption Rate):
- Head: 1.19 W/kg
- Body: 1.19 W/kg
- SAR EU:
- Head: 1.38 W/kg
- Body: 1.34 W/kg
- Performance: Basemark OS II 2.0: 3416
- Display: Contrast ratio: 1603:1 (nominal), 3.964 (sunlight)
- Camera: Photo / Video
- Loudspeaker: Voice 67dB / Noise 73dB / Ring 75dB
- Audio quality: Noise -92.4dB / Crosstalk -80.9dB
- Battery life: Endurance rating 61h