The Apple iPhone 8 was released in September 2017, alongside the iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X. It was the last iPhone to feature a traditional design with a home button and Touch ID fingerprint sensor.
The iPhone 8 has a glass and aluminum design, similar to the iPhone 7. It is available in three colors: silver, gold, and space gray. The phone is water-resistant to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.
The iPhone 8 has a 4.7-inch Retina HD display with a resolution of 1334 x 750 pixels and a pixel density of 326 ppi. The display is bright, sharp, and has good viewing angles. It also supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision content.
The iPhone 8 is powered by the A11 Bionic chip, which was the fastest smartphone processor at the time of its release. The phone is still very fast today, and it can handle anything you throw at it with ease.
The iPhone 8 has a 12MP rear camera with a new sensor and image signal processor. The camera takes great photos in all lighting conditions, and it is also capable of recording 4K video at 60fps.
The iPhone 8 has a 1821mAh battery, which is slightly smaller than the battery in the iPhone 7. However, the phone still gets good battery life, and it should last you through a full day of use on a single charge.
The iPhone 8 comes with iOS 16 pre-installed. iOS 16 is the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, and it adds a number of new features and improvements, including a redesigned lock screen, new Focus modes, and Live Text and Visual Look Up.
The iPhone 8 is a great smartphone. It has a powerful processor, a great camera, and a long-lasting battery. It is also water-resistant and has a beautiful design. However, the phone is now over five years old, and it is starting to show its age. The display is not as high-resolution as modern iPhones, and the battery life is not as good as some of the newer models.
If you are looking for the best possible iPhone experience, then you should consider the iPhone 13 or iPhone 14. However, if you are on a budget, or if you prefer a smaller iPhone, then the iPhone 8 is still a good option.
- Powerful A11 Bionic chip
- Great camera
- Long-lasting battery
- Beautiful design
- Display is not as high-resolution as modern iPhones
- Battery life is not as good as some of the newer models
- Starting to show its age
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
- Announced: September 12, 2017
- Released: September 22, 2017
- Dimensions: 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 148 g
- Build: Glass front and back, aluminum frame
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- IP67 dust/water-resistant (up to 1m for 30 min)
- Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
- Type: Retina IPS LCD, 625 nits
- Size: 4.7 inches
- Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels
- Protection: Ion-strengthened glass
- Features: 3D Touch display and home button
- OS: iOS 11 (upgradable to iOS 126.96.36.199)
- Chipset: Apple A11 Bionic (10 nm)
- CPU: Hexa-core (2x Monsoon + 4x Mistral)
- GPU: Apple GPU (three-core graphics)
- Card Slot: No
- Internal Storage: 64GB 2GB RAM, 128GB 2GB RAM, 256GB 2GB RAM
- Single: 12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide)
- Features: Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
- Video: 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps
- Single: 7 MP, f/2.2
- Features: Face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: Lightning, USB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Type: Li-Ion 1821 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: 15W wired, PD2.0, 50% in 30 min (advertised)
- Wireless: Qi
- Talk time: Up to 14 hours (3G)
- Colors: Silver, Space Gray, Gold, Red
- Models: A1863, A1905, A1906, A1907, iPhone10,1, iPhone10,4
- SAR: 1.32 W/kg (head), 1.36 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU: 1.19 W/kg (head), 1.17 W/kg (body)
- Performance: AnTuTu: 237,594 (v7), GeekBench: 10,214 (v4.4), GFXBench: 20fps (ES 3.1 onscreen)
- Display: Contrast ratio: 1,395:1 (nominal), 3.957 (sunlight)
- Camera: Photo/Video
- Loudspeaker: Voice 71dB / Noise 77dB / Ring 80dB
- Audio quality: Noise -93.5dB / Crosstalk -80.4dB
- Battery life: Endurance rating 66 hours