Apple has rolled out iOS 17.0.3, addressing a heating problem that had been affecting select iPhone 15 Pro units. This update also incorporates various bug fixes and enhances security measures.
The root of the heating issue traced back to a software glitch within iOS 17.0.2. This glitch caused the iPhone 15 Pro to run at higher temperatures than intended, particularly during resource-intensive activities like gaming or using augmented reality applications.
iOS 17.0.3 resolves this bug and is expected to mitigate the excess heat generated by the iPhone 15 Pro. Furthermore, the update includes a range of other bug fixes and security enhancements.
To initiate the installation of iOS 17.0.3, navigate to Settings > General > Software Update. If the update is available, select Download and Install.
Among the additional bug fixes and security improvements found in iOS 17.0.3 are:
- A solution for an issue that led to the iPhone 15 Pro freezing while using specific applications.
- A remedy for an issue causing the iPhone 15 Pro to unexpectedly restart.
- Enhanced reliability of Face ID on the iPhone 15 Pro.
- Resolution of a security vulnerability within the WebKit browser that could have allowed malicious websites to execute arbitrary code on the device.
- Resolution of a security vulnerability in the kernel that could have enabled an attacker to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges.
Apple strongly advises all users to promptly install iOS 17.0.3 to ensure their devices are operating optimally and securely.