The Apple Watch Ultra 2 is the latest and greatest smartwatch from Apple, and it’s designed for athletes and adventurers alike. It’s the most rugged and durable Apple Watch yet, with a new titanium case, sapphire crystal display, and increased water resistance. It also has a number of new features that make it ideal for outdoor activities, such as dual-frequency GPS, an action button, and a siren.
Design and Build Quality
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 is a big and bold watch, and it’s clear that Apple designed it to be durable and rugged. The new titanium case is lightweight and strong, and the sapphire crystal display is scratch-resistant. The watch is also water resistant to 100 meters, so you can wear it while swimming or snorkeling.
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 has a new and improved display that is 3000 nits bright. This makes it the brightest Apple Watch display yet, and it’s easy to see even in direct sunlight. The display is also very sharp and clear, with a high pixel density.
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 is powered by the new S9 chip, which is the fastest chip in an Apple Watch yet. This makes the watch very responsive and smooth to use. Apps launch quickly, and there is no lag or slowdown.
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 has a number of features that make it ideal for outdoor activities. These include:
- Dual-frequency GPS: This provides more accurate GPS tracking, even in challenging environments.
- Action button: This customizable button can be used to start and stop workouts, mark waypoints, or activate other features.
- Siren: This emits a loud sound that can be used to signal for help in an emergency.
- Water temperature sensor: This provides accurate water temperature readings, which can be useful for swimmers and divers.
- Compass: This helps you navigate and find your way around.
- Altimeter: This measures your elevation, which can be useful for hikers and skiers.
- Long battery life: The Apple Watch Ultra 2 can last up to 60 days on a single charge in low-power mode.
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 runs on watchOS 10, which is the latest version of Apple’s smartwatch operating system. watchOS 10 includes a number of new features, such as:
- New fitness tracking features: watchOS 10 includes new features for tracking workouts, such as sleep tracking, heart rate variability tracking, and blood oxygen monitoring.
- New watch faces: watchOS 10 includes a number of new watch faces, including the Portraits watch face, which allows you to use a photo of your loved ones as a watch face.
- New apps: watchOS 10 includes a number of new apps, such as the Cardiogram app, which provides detailed heart health data.
The Apple Watch Ultra 2 is the best Apple Watch yet. It’s rugged and durable, with a bright display, fast performance, and a variety of features that make it ideal for outdoor activities. It’s also a great smartwatch for everyday use, with all of the features that you expect from an Apple Watch.
- Rugged and durable design
- Bright display
- Fast performance
- Variety of outdoor features
- Long battery life
- Latest watchOS 10 software
- Some features may not be necessary for everyone
If you’re looking for the best Apple Watch yet, the Apple Watch Ultra 2 is the one to get. It’s perfect for athletes, adventurers, and anyone who wants a rugged and durable smartwatch. It’s also a great choice for anyone who wants the latest and greatest features from Apple.
Apple Watch Ultra 2 – Technical Specifications Year introduced: 2023
- Height: 49mm
- Width: 44mm
- Depth: 14.4mm
- Case Weight: 61.4g
- 49mm case
- Aerospace-grade titanium
- Dual speakers
- Three-microphone array with beamforming and wind noise mitigation
- Customizable Action button
- Digital Crown with haptic feedback
- Side button
- Double-tap gesture^
- On-Device Siri^
- Always-On Retina LTPO OLED display
- Flat sapphire crystal display
- Up to 3000 nits maximum brightness
- 1 nit minimum brightness
- S9 SiP with 64-bit dual-core processor
- 4-core Apple Neural Engine
- 64GB capacity
- Blood oxygen sensor and app^1
- Electrical heart sensor and ECG app^2
- Third-generation optical heart sensor
- High and low heart rate notifications^2
- Irregular rhythm notifications^3
- Sleep stages
- Temperature sensing^4
- Depth gauge ±1m accuracy
- Water temperature sensor
- Always-on altimeter
- High-g accelerometer
- Up to 256 g-forces with Fall Detection and Crash Detection
- High dynamic range gyroscope
- Ambient light sensor
- Emergency SOS^5
- International emergency calling^6
- Crash Detection^5
- Fall Detection^5
- Water resistance 100m (swim-proof)^7
- Dust resistance IP6X^10
- EN13319 recreational scuba diving to 40m^7
- Tested to MIL-STD 810H: altitude, high temperature, low temperature, temperature shock, immersion, freeze with thaw, ice and freezing rain, and shock and vibration.^11
- Precision dual-frequency GPS: GPS, GNSS, Galileo, and BeiDou
- LTE and UMTS^8
- Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)
- Bluetooth 5.3
- Second-generation Ultra Wideband chip^12
- Apple Pay
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Up to 36 hours^9
- Up to 72 hours in Low Power Mode^9
- USB-C magnetic fast charging cable
- On-wrist operating temperature: -4° F to 130° F (-20° C to 55° C)
- Operational temperature: 32°F to 95°F (0°C to 35°C)
- Non-operational storage temperature: 4°F to 113°F (-20° to 45°C)
- Dive operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 90% non-condensing
- Operating Altitude: -1600 feet to 29,500 feet (-500 m to 9000 m)
In the Box:
- Apple Watch Ultra 2
- Apple Watch Magnetic Fast Charger to USB-C Cable (1m)
- The case materials and the band types would be based on your selection
^ Coming later this year.
^1 Blood Oxygen app measurements are not intended for medical use, including self-diagnosis or consultation with a doctor, and are only designed for general fitness and wellness purposes.
^2 ECG app is available on Apple Watch Series 4 and later (excluding Apple Watch SE) and can generate an ECG similar to a single-lead electrocardiogram. Intended for use by people 22 years old and over.
^3 Irregular rhythm notification requires the latest version of watchOS and iOS. It is not intended for use by people under 22 years old or those who have been previously diagnosed with atrial fibrillation (AFib).
^4 The temperature sensing feature is not a medical device and not intended for use in medical diagnosis, treatment, or for any other medical purpose.
^5 Emergency SOS requires a cellular connection or Wi-Fi calling with an internet connection from your Apple Watch or nearby iPhone.
^6 The international emergency calling feature requires an Apple Watch Ultra 2 (Cellular), Apple Watch Series 9 (GPS + Cellular), or Apple Watch SE (GPS + Cellular) model. For a list of supported countries and regions, see apple.com/watchos/feature-availability.
^7 Apple Watch Ultra 2 has a water resistance rating of 100 meters under ISO standard 22810. It may be used for recreational scuba diving (with compatible third-party app from the App Store) to 40 meters and high-speed water sports. Apple Watch Ultra 2 should not be used for diving below 40 meters. Water resistance is not a permanent condition and can diminish over time. For additional information see support.apple.com/en-us/HT205000.
^8 Wireless service plan required for cellular service. Contact your service provider for more details. Connection may vary based on network availability. Check apple.com/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility. See support.apple.com/en-us/HT207578 for additional setup instructions.
^9 All-day battery life is based on the following use: 180 time checks, 180 notifications, 90 minutes of app use, and a 60-minute workout with music playback from Apple Watch via Bluetooth, over the course of 36 hours; Apple Watch Ultra 2 (GPS + Cellular) usage includes a total of 8 hours of LTE connection and 28 hours of connection to iPhone via Bluetooth over the course of 36 hours. Battery life in Low Power Mode is based on the following use: 360 time checks, 360 notifications, 180 minutes of app use, and two 60-minute workouts with music playback from Apple Watch via Bluetooth, over the course of 72 hours; Apple Watch Ultra 2 (GPS + Cellular) usage includes on-demand LTE connection and 60 hours of connection to iPhone via Bluetooth over the course of 72 hours. Testing conducted by Apple in August 2023 using preproduction Apple Watch Ultra 2 (GPS + Cellular) paired with an iPhone; all devices tested with prerelease software. Battery life varies by use, configuration, cellular network, signal strength, and many other factors; actual results will vary.
^10 Apple Watch Ultra 2 is rated IP6X dust resistant.
^11 Tested against subsections for Altitude, High Temperature, Low Temperature, Temperature Shock, Immersion, Freeze/Thaw, Shock, Vibration.
^12 Ultra Wideband availability varies by region.
^13 Apple Watch Ultra 2, Apple Watch Series 9, and Apple Watch SE require iPhone Xs or later with iOS 17 or later.
^14 Features are subject to change. Some features, applications, and services may not be available in all regions or all languages. View the complete list.