The Sony Xperia 5 V is a compact flagship smartphone that was released in September 2023. It has a 6.1-inch OLED display with a resolution of 2520 x 1080 pixels and a refresh rate of 120Hz. The phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 octa-core processor and has 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of storage. The Xperia 5 V also has a triple-lens rear camera system with a 12MP main sensor, a 12MP ultrawide sensor, and a 12MP telephoto sensor. The front-facing camera is a 12MP sensor.
Design and Display
The Sony Xperia 5 V has a sleek and stylish design. The front and back of the phone are made of Gorilla Glass Victus 2, and the sides are made of metal. The phone is also IP65/IP68 water and dust resistant.
The display on the Xperia 5 V is bright and sharp, and it has excellent viewing angles. The display also supports HDR10+ content, so you can enjoy movies and TV shows with enhanced contrast and brightness.
The Sony Xperia 5 V is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 octa-core processor, which is the fastest mobile processor on the market. The phone is able to handle even the most demanding tasks with ease, and it is also very responsive.
The Xperia 5 V also has 8GB of RAM, which is enough for most users. However, if you plan on using the phone for heavy multitasking or running demanding apps, you may want to consider a phone with more RAM.
The Sony Xperia 5 V has a triple-lens rear camera system with a 12MP main sensor, a 12MP ultrawide sensor, and a 12MP telephoto sensor. The main sensor is capable of taking excellent photos in both day and low light conditions. The ultrawide sensor is great for capturing landscapes and large groups of people, and the telephoto sensor allows you to zoom in on distant objects without losing quality.
The Xperia 5 V also has a number of camera features that make it a great choice for photographers and videographers. Some of these features include:
- A new Variable Optical Zoom system that allows you to zoom in and out smoothly
- A new Cinematic Pro mode that allows you to record videos with professional-looking features
- A new Portrait Pro mode that allows you to take portrait photos with enhanced depth of field and bokeh effects
The front-facing camera on the Xperia 5 V is a 12MP sensor, and it is capable of taking good quality selfies. However, the selfies can be noisy in low light.
The Sony Xperia 5 V has a 4500mAh battery, which is larger than the battery in the previous Xperia 5 model. The phone should be able to last a full day on a single charge under normal use.
The Sony Xperia 5 V runs on Android 13. The phone comes with a stock Android experience, which means that it is free of bloatware and unnecessary customizations.
The Sony Xperia 5 V is an excellent compact flagship smartphone. It has a great display, a powerful processor, a versatile camera system, and long battery life. The phone also runs a stock Android experience.
- Great display
- Powerful processor
- Versatile camera system
- Long battery life
- Stock Android experience
- Some features may not be necessary for everyone
Overall, the Sony Xperia 5 V is a great choice for users who are looking for a compact flagship smartphone with excellent performance, a versatile camera system, and long battery life.
- Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands (Europe and Asia): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 66
- 5G bands (Europe and Asia): 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: September 01, 2023
- Status: Available. Released September 25, 2023
- Dimensions: 154 x 68 x 8.6 mm (6.06 x 2.68 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 182 g (6.42 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus 2), glass back, aluminum frame
- SIM: Nano-SIM and eSIM or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP65/IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 min)
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10, BT.2020
- Size: 6.1 inches, 86.9 cm2 (~83.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~449 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2
- OS: Android 13
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8550-AB Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Cortex-X3 & 2×2.8 GHz Cortex-A715 & 2×2.8 GHz Cortex-A710 & 3×2.0 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 740
- Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- 128GB 8GB RAM
- 256GB 8GB RAM
- 48 MP, f/1.9, 24mm (wide), 1/1.35″, 1.12µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.5″, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Features: Zeiss optics, Zeiss T* lens coating, LED flash, panorama, HDR, eye tracking
- Video: 4K@24/25/30/60/120fps HDR, 1080p@30/60/120fps; 5-axis gyro-EIS, OIS
- Single: 12 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1/2.9″, 1.25µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 5-axis gyro-EIS
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Dynamic vibration system
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, tri-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE Audio, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- Positioning: GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: USB Type-C 3.2, OTG, DisplayPort
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum
- Native Sony Alpha camera support
- Type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: 30W wired, PD3.0, PPS, 50% in 30 min (advertised)
- Reverse wireless
- Colors: Black, Blue, Platinum Silver
- Models: XQ-DE54
This device is a high-end smartphone with support for 5G connectivity. It features a 6.1-inch OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, and a dual-camera setup with Zeiss optics. The device also offers stereo speakers, IP65/IP68 dust and water resistance, and support for native Sony Alpha camera integration.