Google is celebrating its 25th birthday on September 27, 2023! Google was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were PhD students at Stanford University. The company started as a search engine, but has since expanded to offer a wide range of products and services, including email, maps, cloud computing, and more.
Google has become one of the most successful and influential companies in the world. It is used by billions of people every day, and its products and services have had a major impact on the way we live and work.
On its 25th birthday, Google is reflecting on its journey so far and looking ahead to the future. The company is committed to continuing to innovate and provide new products and services that help people.
Here are some interesting facts about Google:
- Google’s name is a play on the word “googol”, which is the mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros.
- Google’s first office was located in a garage.
- Google’s first product was a search engine called BackRub.
- Google’s mission statement is “to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”
- Google’s most popular product is its search engine, which is used by billions of people every day.
- Google also offers a wide range of other products and services, including email, maps, cloud computing, and more.
- Google is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has offices all over the world.
- Google employs over 160,000 people.
Google has had a major impact on the world in its 25 years of existence. The company has made it easier for people to find information, communicate with each other, and be productive. Google has also helped to create new industries and jobs.
I am excited to see what the future holds for Google. I am confident that the company will continue to innovate and provide new products and services that help people.