The Google Pixel 8 is a flagship smartphone that was released in October 2023. It features a Google Tensor G3 processor, 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage. It also has a 6.4-inch OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10+ support.
Design and build quality
The Google Pixel 8 has a sleek and modern design. It has a metal frame with a glass front and back. The phone feels solid and durable in the hand. The bezels around the display are relatively thin, and the overall footprint of the phone is quite small.
The Google Pixel 8 has a 6.4-inch OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10+ support. The display is sharp and bright, and the colors are vibrant. The 120Hz refresh rate makes games and animations look incredibly smooth.
The Google Pixel 8 is powered by a Google Tensor G3 processor, which is a very powerful mobile processor. The phone also has 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. This combination of hardware makes the Google Pixel 8 capable of running even the most demanding games and apps with ease.
The Google Pixel 8 has a dual-lens rear camera system that consists of a 50MP main sensor and a 12MP ultrawide sensor. The camera system takes excellent photos in all lighting conditions. The main sensor is able to capture a lot of detail, and the ultrawide sensor is great for taking photos of landscapes and groups of people.
The Google Pixel 8 also has an 8MP front-facing camera that takes excellent selfies and video calls.
The Google Pixel 8 has a 4600mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging. This means that you can charge the phone from 0 to 100% in about an hour. The battery life is also very good, and you should be able to get through a full day of use on a single charge, even if you are a heavy user.
The Google Pixel 8 ships with Android 13. The phone also comes with a number of exclusive software features, such as Magic Eraser, which allows you to remove unwanted objects from photos, and Real Tone, which ensures that photos of people of color are accurately represented.
The Google Pixel 8 is an excellent flagship smartphone. It has a powerful processor, a smooth display, a great camera system, and long battery life. The phone is also very affordable, making it a great value for the money.
- Powerful processor
- Smooth display
- Great camera system
- Long battery life
- Exclusive software features
- No expandable storage
Overall rating: 9.5/10
The Google Pixel 8 is a great flagship smartphone that offers excellent value for the money. It has a powerful processor, a smooth display, a great camera system, and long battery life. If you are looking for a new flagship smartphone, the Google Pixel 8 is definitely worth considering.
- Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71 – GKWS6, G9BQD
- 5G Bands: Multiple bands, including SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave – GKWS6 and SA/NSA/Sub6 – G9BQD
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: October 04, 2023
- Status: Coming soon, expected release on October 12, 2023
- Dimensions: 150.5 x 70.8 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 187 g
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus), aluminum frame
- SIM: Nano-SIM and eSIM
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 min)
- Type: OLED with a 120Hz refresh rate
- Size: 6.2 inches with a screen-to-body ratio of approximately 85.5%
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels with a 20:9 aspect ratio and around 428 ppi density
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Features: HDR10+, Always-on display
- Operating System: Android 14
- Chipset: Google Tensor G3 (4 nm)
- CPU: Nona-core processor with Cortex-X3, Cortex-A715, and Cortex-A510 cores
- GPU: Immortalis-G715s MC10
- Card Slot: No
- Internal Storage and RAM Options: 128GB storage with 8GB RAM or 256GB storage with 8GB RAM
- Storage Type: UFS 3.1
- Dual Camera Setup:
- 50 MP wide-angle lens with f/1.7 aperture, multi-directional PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 12 MP ultrawide lens with f/2.2 aperture (126˚)
- Features Dual-LED flash, Pixel Shift, Ultra-HDR, panorama, Best Take
- Video Recording: 4K at 24/30/60fps, 1080p at 30/60/120/240fps with gyro-EIS, OIS, 10-bit HDR
- Single 10.5 MP ultrawide lens with f/2.2 aperture (20mm)
- Features Auto-HDR, panorama
- Video Recording: 4K at 24/30/60fps, 1080p at 30/60fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e/7, tri-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Positioning: GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (G1), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5)
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: USB Type-C 3.2
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Type: Li-Ion 4575 mAh non-removable battery
- Charging: Supports 27W wired charging with PD3.0 and PPS, advertised to reach 50% charge in 30 minutes, 18W wireless charging, and reverse wireless charging
- Obsidian, Hazel, Rose
- GKWS6, G9BQD
This device is a smartphone with 5G capabilities, a high-refresh-rate OLED display, a capable camera system, and fast charging support. It runs on Android 14 with Google’s custom Tensor G3 chipset. It also features an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.